Thursday, August 31, 2006

Clowns, All!!!

So a wonderfull weekend of fun was somewhat overshadowed yesterday with some of the biggest BS I've heard in some time. I'll go over the weekend when I figure how to get the pictures I took off my camera, it just won't be the same without pictures to guide us.

Alright, so I play on a soccer team called the Raging Yetis. I've been playing for this same team for right around six years. That's what I would like to consider a long time. I've only missed a handfull of games over the years, and for the most part been the most reliable person on the team. Has something to do with my crazy love of soccer.

Well, the past couple of seasons I've noticed a change in the way my team treats me. Not the whole team mind you, but there are a few that act "wrongly" towards me. Paranoid you ask? Hardly. When I get the ball, if I take more than a couple of touches I would unfairly be yelled at. Now it's not because I'm know to lose or give the ball away, uh uh. I almost never give the ball away. I really don't know why they do it, but do it they must apparently. This is true for almost anything I do on the field, I'm am not safe from yelling no matter what I do now a days.

So over the summer I played with another team during a tournament, and they asked me to switch teams. In fact I've had more than a couple of teams that have asked me to join their teams over the past few seasons. I've never accepted them because I prefer to remain loyal to a team. What was I thinking? Due to the situation I told them I would change over at the start of the new season.

So the season starts in March and ends in November with a small break for the summer in the middle. I've played a few games this season, and I've had to miss one due to work. It was just way to busy to get it off. They knew I was going to miss it so no big deal. Then this past weekend I went out of town, as you already know, and I forgot to call and let them know I wasn't going to make it. Now that's not a very good thing of me to do, but we all make mistakes don't we. Unfortunatly my phone was off all weekend because I'd forgotten to take my charger with me. I guess the "coach" had called a few times and was annoyed that I didn't answer. Well, I get back in town and get the messages but I didn't have time to call back straight away because I was working and helping a friend move. I get another call yesterday while I'm at work and I figure, shit I forgot to call him yesterday I guess I'd better answer it. What does he have to say?

"Well, apparently you've missed a couple of games this season. My dad(the coach) tried to call you a bunch of times(twice) and didn't get ahold of you and you never called back, so we didn't know what you were doing. So we added a player to replace you. You're still on the roster, and you can show up if you want, but I don't know how much playing time you'll get, and if there are other players there you won't be playing at all."

WTF is that? You know how many other players just don't show and never call? At least a couple every week. Do they get dropped? No. I can't even begin to tell you how pissed off I am about this. I'm not usually one to get worked up over crap that happens in my life, but this one has me pretty damn worked up. Soccer's always been my one thing that I could always count on being fun, and being enjoyable. These guys have taken that away from me.

What will I do? I'll be training hard since I won't be playing, and working on my skills. Then when the time comes to play them next season I'm going to take it to them with everthing I've got! All I want is childish petty revenge. I want nothing more than to make them regret what they've done. grrrrrrr

Anyhow, as soon as I figure out how to get those pictures off my camera you shall be blessed with some truly great photos! TTFN!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... people my age ruined the experience for me. Therefore I don't play anymore. The days of having to endure the embarassment of teammates griping about calls, yelling at the ref, or yelling at eachother are long gone for me. All I ever wanted to do was play the game and give it all I have. The chances of finding a team where most people desire the same are impossible. So... I quit.

I still practice and keep improving my skills, but for mostly selfish reasons. I also do it so that I can be an effective role model for the two teams that I help coach. The time invested coaching is far better that that spent dealing with the asinine drama of egos and attitudes of 20-30 somethings out on the pitch.

So make them pay... I know you will!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home