Tuesday, October 24, 2006

To Move or Not to Move?

That's the real question right now.

I've been presented with the opportunity to start a new life in a new place. How do you go about deciding to make a move? I've been in Utah since I was 8, that's a ginormous 18 years. This place is basically all I know. My best friend Chad is in Maryland, and currently the only other single guy I know that I could actually do stuff with. He's bought a house there, and has offered me a room.

I can't say that the offer doesn't appeal to me. In fact it appeals to me now more than it ever would have. I had a pretty bad lonely night last night that damn near drove me to just drink myself stupid so I wouldn't have to think about it. Any of you that knows me, knows that's just not me. I hate that I feel that way, it's a rather empty feeling. This feeling stems from this past weekend, where I was more or less told I'm not welcome at my friends apartment. The last group of friends that I have that are single. Now I've got plenty of friends that are married, basically all of them, but they are always busy either with their wives or other things that married people do.

Now I know that I could just up and start making new friends, but honestly at this point in the game what purpose does that serve? Most people in this state at my age are married. Those that aren't seem to be the type of people that I don't get along with. Meaning that they are lushes or druggies. Why is that? God only knows, I sure know I don't. People around here either seem to be very good, or very bad. It's a rare thing indeed to find someone that is middle of the road like me. I'm not what people 'round here would refer to as a "good" person, but by no means could I be considered bad. Where does that leave me? Screwed, that's where.

So I have to ask myself, do I move? Do I start over in a different place, and hope things will be different in a good way? Or do I stick it out, and make the best out of the hand that I've been delt?

My plea to any that read this? Please do me a favor and post your opinion. I'm really at a loss to what I should do. Maybe I'm just crazy, maybe I'm looking at it all wrong. I suppose there are a lot of maybes. UGH!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E, I'm not going to tell you what decision to make, but I saw how upset you were last night, and that's just not you. You said yourself the other night, that you would 'move when the time is right', so maybe that time is now.

Your "friends" were complete jerks the other night, and you don't need them. I hope they read this and know what low-life losers they are! They are not worth pissing on! No one, including you, deserves to be miserable or feel alone.

You could stay in Utah, and hope that things smooth out, but would you be happy with that decision? What has sticking it out, really gotten you? You could move and still not find what you're looking for....If it doesn't work, then what? You can always move back.

Okay, so I lied, I am going to tell you what to do...Go for it! Screw sticking it out! Does that ever really work for people??? NO! If I were this down about my current situation, then I would bust Maryland wide open, and not look back!

There, now you have my opinion!

Oh, and again, your so called "friends" that kicked you out of the apartment, COMPLETELY SUCK!!!! :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Chad said...

Hey bud... the offer still stands ;) I would urge you to seek that which makes you happy. Discovering your passions and, hopefully, life's work can be a challenge. You'll make more friends along the way. I'm here for another year. If nothing else, let's get together and chat over a few drinks... it'll be good :)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home